Happy Wednesday! Who says you have to stop eating game day snacks since game days are over? Pretzel dogs make for a delicious, family-friendly snack. They are so easy to make and even more delicious to eat.
- 1 lb of Pizza Dough
- 10 Hot Dogs, I use veggie dogs but you can use any kind you like
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 Egg beaten
- Melted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
2) Set aside, meanwhile in a large saucepan, add the water and baking soda and bring to a boil.
3) Lay the pizza crust on a lightly floured surface (you don’t want it to be sticky) and cut it into 10 strips.
4) Then roll each strip around the hot dog making sure to pinch the top and bottom end of the dough so it doesn’t unravel, place them on the prepared baking sheet while you work on the rest.
5) Place them in the boiling water (a few at a time) and cook them for about 30 seconds making sure to flip them halfway through, then place them back on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6) Brush them with the beaten egg, sprinkle some salt on top and pop them in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7) When you take them out of the oven, brush the tops with the melted butter and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- Feel free to use any dogs you want: pork, beef, turkey
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!