Hi everyone! Now that Fall is officially here, it’s impossible to not make soup so often. Today, I will be sharing an amazing recipe on Spiced Sweet Corn Soup. So delicious and so full of flavor. It’s perfect for a side at dinner and leftovers for lunch. Let’s get started!
- Cumin seeds
- Chili powder
- Creamed corn
- Whole corn kernels
- First roast cumin seeds and coriander in a skillet (no oil), until aromatic. Takes about 2 minutes.
- Grind with chopped garlic, ginger, turmeric, red chili powder, and a dash of oil until thick.
- Sautee the chopped garlic in a skillet until translucent.
- Add the curry paste and cook to release the flavors.
- Add cubed potatoes.
- Add vegetable broth or chicken stock.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then stir in creamed corn.
- Add half the whole corn kernels.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fro texture, add the remaining corn kernels and bring to a boil.
- Heat and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- Serves 5 people.
- You can add as much spice as you want and any protein you’d like. I kept it simple.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!