Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far.
How many times have you asked your favorite thai restaurant to make your panang curry extra extra spicy? (Disregard if you don’t like spicy food) Well, now you can make your own panang curry and satisfy your spicy taste buds!
This recipe is very easy and allows you to multitask through out making the dish. You can make a whole batch of it and save it for leftovers or even for lunch the next day.
- 1 can of thai coconut milk
- Thai red curry paste
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Extra firm tofu or protein of your choice
- Half an onion
- Red bell pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger and set aside.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper.
- Sauté the garlic, ginger, onion, bell pepper on medium until they become soft.
- Once soften, turn off the stove.
- Next, cut the tofu into bite sized squared pieces and evenly spread them on a sprayed baking sheet. Lightly and quickly spray the top of the tofu on the baking sheet. This will give it color.
- Place the tofu in a 400 degree F oven for about 30-40 minutes or until they’re are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, pour the coconut milk in a big pot and turn the heat on medium.
- Add 5 tablespoons of the thai red curry paste and stir well.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, a table spoon of brown sugar, a teaspoon of soy sauce, and a bouillon cube.
- Let it simmer on medium low until the tofu is done baking.
- Once the tofu is nice and crispy, remove from the oven and place all of them in the curry.
- Let the panang curry simmer for an additional 5-10 min on medium.
- Serve with rice!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- These were the only vegetables I had on hand- desperately need to go grocery shopping! I encourage you to use many more vegetables.
- 1 can of coconut milk usually serves 2 people.
- Use any protein your heart desires! If you use chicken, I would cook them on a pan and then bake them so they become crispy.
- The broth just adds more flavor, feel free to leave it out if you don’t have it on hand.
- The more curry paste you add, the spicier it will become! Use cautiously.
I hope everyone can cozy up and eat some panang curry this weekend. It’s super easy and fun to make. You let the oven and stove do all the cooking!
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!