Hi everyone! Today I will be sharing a great soup/curry recipe: Lentil and Sweet Potato Curry. This is great on these upcoming winter nights. Very nourishing with all of the lentils and perfect for leftovers. You can add as much flavor as you want to this fiber rich dish. Let’s get started!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 1/2 cups veg stock
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup red lentils, washed thoroughly
- Add butter to a sauce pot and turn to medium heat. When butter is melted, add chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant.
- Add garlic and curry powder, turmeric, and cumin. Sauté another minute, stirring.
- Add the veg stock, cubed sweet potatoes, and lentils.
- Stir everything together and turn heat to a simmer.
- Simmer stew for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- If thickness desired- add about half a cup of the curry into a food process to make a puree. Then add back to the pot and stir.
- Heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This serves about 5 people.
- Add curry powder and salt to taste.
- You can use chicken stock or any other stock you prefer.
- Feel free to add whatever vegetables you like. It’s your soup!
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!