Happy Wednesday everyone! Today, I will be sharing my recipe on Paneer Tikka Masala. This dish consists of chunks of marinated grilled paneer in a creamy onion tomato masala. The process of making it from scratch can be lengthy but worth the effort. Let’s get started!
- Tomato paste
- Red chili powder
- Garam Masala
- Fenugreek leaves
- Place the cubed paneer and enough yogurt to coat each cube in a large bowl.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, salt, and lemon juice. Coat and mix evenly.
- Set aside to marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- On a baking tray, place the coated cubed paneer evenly spaced out.
- Place in oven at 400 degrees F for about 35 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Chop a large onion, 2 tomatoes, mince garlic, and ginger.
- Place in a food processor to make a puree.
- In a large skillet, add some minced garlic in oil. Sautee until browned.
- Add the puree, red chili powder, half a spoon of tomato paste, and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add fenugreek leaves, garam masala, and half a cup of milk. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the paneer tikka and stir gently.
- Plate and serve alongside naan and rice!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This recipe serves about 4 people.
- You can add as much seasoning as you want and make it as spicy as you want.
- You can replace the paneer with chicken. Just follow the same steps!
This is a perfect Indian recipe for a party pot luck or just for dinner. It has a strong aroma of flavors and is super delicious!
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!