Hi everyone! Today, I will sharing my recipe on how to make Chai, Indian tea. It’s so easy to make, but it has so much flavor from the spices and the aroma is to die for. I usually drink this after dinner or in the mornings on the weekends. Let’s get started!
- Ground or roughly ground Indian Chai/Tea
- Sugar or Honey
- Fill a pot with water. If you are making 2 cups of chai, fill the pot with 1 cup of water.
- Grate some ginger and place in the pot.
- Add cardamom seeds in the pot.
- Add 2 spoons of Indian tea and place in the pot.
- Bring the pot of water to a boil and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk to the pot.
- Add 2 spoons of sugar or 1 big spoon of honey.
- Bring the tea to a boil and turn off.
- Serve and enjoy!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This recipe serves about 2 people.
- You can add as much sugar, honey, or ginger you want. You can even omit the ginger.
- You can use skim milk or low fat milk.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!