Happy Wednesday all! I’m already hating this cold weather and it just started…a day ago. With cold weather comes comfort and warm foods. Especially with the holidays on their way, it’s important to still indulge but in a smart way. These Matcha Muffins are made with Jade Leaf Matcha and topped with Spruts Nuts. With a dash of cinnamon, it surely incorporates that warm holiday feeling, perfect for these cold days to come. Learn more about Jade Leaf Matcha and Spruts Nuts and check out where to buy them below. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon powder
- Baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Spruts Nuts
- Jade Leaf Matcha Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 12 muffin cups.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, Jade Leaf matcha, a dash of cinnamon, and sugar together in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk in another bowl.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Top with Spruts Nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!
Jade Leaf Premium Culinary Grade matcha is sourced from a blend of first and second harvest tea leaves. Its flavor profile is closer to a Ceremonial Grade. This grade is the favorite among restaurant chefs and cafes for blending and cooking, and is especially recommend it for recipes where the matcha flavor is more at the forefront, like in lattes.
- 100% USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder, All Natural, Nothing Added (naturally gluten free and vegan)
- Authentic Japanese Matcha – sourced directly from their partner farm in Uji, Japan, providing much better quality.
- Create Amazing Matcha Recipes – Jade Leaf premium culinary grade matcha is preferred by restaurant chefs and cafes for blending into smoothies, lattes, baked goods, and other dishes
- Healthy Superfood – matcha is rich in antioxidants, helps boost metabolism, great source of natural energy and mental clarity
Spruts are the better almond! Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors so your body can focus on more important things – like fighting germs or flushing out toxins. Mimicking the germination process unlocks high concentrations in essential vitamins and minerals. The result is a clean, delicious and nutritionally dense snack.
Almonds enjoy praise from doctors, nutritionists and brainiacs alike.
They agree that eating almonds regularly can:
- Promote heart health and reduce your risk of heart attack
- Lower “bad” cholesterol
- Help promote weight loss
- Alkalize the body
- Help maintain stable blood sugar and insulin levels
- Produce sustainable energy
- Easily digestible
- Nutritiously dense
- All Natural
- No Preservatives
- Protein Packed
- Paleo Friendly
- Cleanse Approved