Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I hope everyone (and their stomachs) are ready for round 1 of the holidays. Today, I will be sharing Apple Pie Bread. I don’t know whats better than having something that tastes like Apple Pie but literally takes no time at all. This is great for the upcoming awaited Thanksgiving dinner. It can be served alongside the main course or as dessert. Let’s get started!
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup of Milk (you might need a bit more if the mixture is too thick)
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Medium Apples
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with some non-stick spray and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, vanilla extract, butter, and eggs.
3) Add the milk, salt, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until it forms a batter.
4) Dice the apples into small bite sized cubes.
5) Pour half of the batter in your prepared pan, then spoon half of the apples (push them in the batter a bit) followed by the remaining batter. Top the remaining apples.
6) Bake for about 50 minutes to an hour. Let cool
7) Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This serves about 5 people.
- When dicing the apples, you can add apple butter to give it an extra flavor. If you do this, be sure to skip the cinnamon and nutmeg as apple butter is already very flavorful.
- You can add a buttery strudel topping before baking it. Just dice some butter with two forks and brown sugar. Top over the topped apples and then pop it into the oven.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!