Happy Wednesday everyone!
Today, I will be sharing quick and easy recipe on how to make enchiladas. There are so many different ways you can make enchiladas, I will include the variations at the end. Making the sauce from scratch taste even better, however I will be sharing that recipe soon. Apologies for not making these look picture perfect- but I can assure you the flavor and deliciousness makes up for it! Let’s get started!
- Refried beans
- Shredded mexican cheese
- Green pepper
- Taco seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Enchilada sauce
- Chop the onion, green pepper, and cut the spinach.
- In a large skillet, sautée the vegetables until softened.
- In a large pot, add refried beans and the vegetables.
- Add garlic powder and taco seasoning to taste.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- In another small pot, add the enchilada sauce and garlic powder and taco seasoning to taste.
- In a large baking tray, spray cooking spray evenly.
- Get a tortilla and add a spoon of beans and spread evenly on half of the tortilla.
- Add Mexican cheese and roll into an enchilada.
- Place on the baking tray.
- Repeat until all tortillas are done and placed side by side on the tray.
- Pour all of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- Add remaining cheese over the enchiladas.
- Baking in oven at 380 degrees F for 30 minutes and then broil on high for 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- You can add whatever you’d like in the bean filling! From chicken, to soy chicken, to just plain beans.
- Adding hummus to the tortilla gives it flavor- trust me! I was skeptical at first but it taste amazing.
- Making the sauce from scratch does wonders, however this is a quick and easy version of how to make enchiladas. I will share the longer way coming soon.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!