Today, I will be sharing my recipe on fried rice minus a few ingredients I didn’t have on hand, but still tasted amazing nonetheless! It’s definitely a healthier alternative to take-out fried rice as you can control how much of each ingredient you put into it. You can add chicken, pork, or just simply leave it veggie like how I did. Oh, did I mention it taste even better for leftovers? Let’s get started!
- 1 cup rice
- Soy sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add 1 cup of rice.
- Let the rice cook and drain leftover water if any.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cut the carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, add a tablespoon of oil and add the garlic and ginger.
- Let cook for a minute and then add the onion.
- Sautee the onion and then add the rest of the vegetables.
- Once cooked, set aside.
- In the large skillet, add 4 table spoons of oil and then add the cooked rice.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes making sure the oil covers most of the grains.
- Make room in the center of the skillet and add 2 eggs in the middle.
- Toss around so the eggs become quite scrambled with the rice.
- Add the vegetables and soy sauce and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- You can add chicken or pork with the veggies.
- It’s best to use a day old rice, but I wanted to make this last minute; still tasted great.
- You can add green onions and scallions, I didn’t have any on hand.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!