Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week. Today, I will be sharing my recipe on Minestrone Soup. This soup is so delicious and flavorful. It makes for the perfect leftovers. All you have to do is put everything in one pot and let the stove do the work. Very simple, you can add whatever your heart desires, and not a lot of work needed! Let’s get started!
- 1 Onion
- 3 stalks Celery
- 3 longs Carrots
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 spoon Tomato paste
- 3 Potatoes
- Half cup of Elbow pasta
- 3 cups of Vegetable broth
- Half cup of Red kidney beans
- First, chop all of the vegetables; chop the celery, cut the potatoes in small cubes, slice the carrots, chop the onion, chop the tomatoes, mince the garlic.
- Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots; saute for a few minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, 1 spoon of tomato paste, potato, stock, and salt to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
- Simmer for approximately 45 minutes until vegetables are barely tender.
- Add pasta, and simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Add any additional seasoning as needed.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This recipe serves about 5 people.
- You can add as much seasoning as you want and make it as spicy as you want.
- You can add any source of protein such as chicken, sausage, or even tofu.
- You can use any broth or beans you’d like.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!