Happy Wednesday everyone! Today, I will be sharing a very simple but delicious recipe- Pita Bread and Hummus. This is great for a snack or just something to munch on. You can make the hummus as zesty or spicy as you want! Let’s get started!
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Ground Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut two tortillas into small pizza slices so they are small triangles.
- Place evenly on a baking sheet and place in oven at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes then broil on high for 5 minutes.
- While the pita bread is baking, wash and dry the chick peas.
- Place in a food processor.
- Add as much lemon juice, ground cayenne pepper, and salt as you want.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water and a splash of olive oil.
- Turn on the food processor and let it run until it becomes hummus texture.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This recipe serves about 2 people.
- You can add whatever you like in the hummus as the flavor is totally up to you!
This is a perfect recipe if you’re craving pita bread and hummus but what to know exactly what is in it. It’s a much healthy alternative than store bought hummus.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!