Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone is having an amazing week so far.
Today’s recipe will be very short and simple: Buttery Biscuits! All you need are 2 main ingredients and the rest are staples you should already have in your pantry. I had leftover heavy milk and oat flour so I thought I would put them to good use. These are so soft and delicious; it’s hard to eat just one biscuit. Perfect for a side dish for dinner or even just a snack. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups of heavy milk/cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: oat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, until combined.
- Add about 1/4 cup of heavy milk and mix slightly.
- Add the rest of the heavy milk and stir to combine.
- Knead the dough in the bowl or on a floured surface for about a minute.
- Place the dough in a baking pan or tray and spread out the dough in a rectangle so that it’s about an inch thick.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes and then broil on low for 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Spread some butter on it.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- None! Because it’s that quick and easy.
- Just kidding- you can totally use regular all purpose flour if you want.
I know you’re mouth is watering just thinking about a buttery biscuit. Go make these now!
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!