Hi everyone! It’s officially spring and I couldn’t feel any more happier.
Last week, my friend, a gym-head requested some chocolate peanut butter oatmeal protein balls. Although I find myself wanting to go to the gym during the week, I find it difficult to accomplish as being a doctoral student with a side job that requires a good amount of physical activity takes up a lot of time. On top of that, you can add a dash of studying to that every day. I do try to go to spin class every weekend if there isn’t a social event hindering it. Anyways, these protein balls are very easy to make and require no time at all. They’re perfect for an extra kick of protein if you’re on the go or even perfect for a dessert and snack! These can be made with countless variations and flavors, which I will list at the end. Warning! These are super addictive. Let’s get started.
- 0.5 cup of Whey protein powder
- 1.5 cups of Oatmeal
- A dash of Cinnamon
- A dash of Vanilla extract
- A dash of Cocoa powder
- Loads of Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups of Peanut butter
- A spoon of Honey
- 3 tablespoons of Almond milk
- In a very large bowl combine the whey protein powder (I used vanilla), oatmeal, cinnamon, chia seeds, cocoa powder (omit if using chocolate protein powder), and chocolate chips.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the peanut butter, honey, and almond milk.
- It’s time to get messy! Use your hands and combine everything together.
- Pretend your kneading dough.
- Roll into bite sized or large balls and place side by side in a container.
- Store in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- This recipe yields about 12 large protein balls.
- You can omit the cocoa powder if you have chocolate protein powder or you can even just make vanilla protein balls.
- Feel free to substitute chocolate chips with raisins.
- If you don’t have almond milk, substitute with regular milk or even water.
These are so yummy to eat and I already have other flavors and add ins in mind for next time! Spare 15 minutes this weekend and definitely make these delicious protein energy balls. They’re a great source of protein and satisfy your hunger before your next meal.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!