Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. I can’t wait to get back to cooking real meals after my last 2 midterms are over next week.
Today, I will be sharing my quick and easy recipe on Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, which happen to be gluten-free. I’ve had a huge bag of oatmeal from Costco laying around so I thought I might as well put it to good use. These are super delicious and very easy to make. I find that eating an oatmeal cookie satisfies your craving for a chocolate chip cookie, as one makes you full since it has all that oatmeal!
Let’s get started!
Ingredients: (Makes about 12 cookies)
- 1 and 1/4 cup of Ground Oats (to make oat flour)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of Whole Oats
- 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup of Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor or equivalent to a Nutri Ninja Auto‑iQ, add 2 cups of whole oats and pulse until it becomes oat flour. It’s ok to make more to store in your pantry. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg.
- Stir in the ground oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the whole oats and chocolate chips and mix until it resembles dough.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes so the dough stays firm.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pack the dough into the measuring cup and turn out the dough onto the baking sheet. Make sure to only place 6 cookies per baking sheet as they tend to spread out while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes and then serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- You can leave out the salt as it just enhances the sweet taste of the cookies.
- Make extra oat flour! – It is such a great alternative to all purpose flour.
- Be sure to use the measuring cup to place your cookies on the baking sheet. The smaller the better as they spread out while baking.
I hope everyone can make these sometime this week! They’re super easy and fast to make and so delicious to eat! A very great treat to have on hand if you’re ever craving dessert.
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!