Happy Wednesday everyone!
I made Honey-Ginger-Garlic Glazed Salmon about a month ago and said I would provide the Tofu version. It’s just as delicious with all of the same flavors. It’s similar to the general tso sauce but on tofu. This is a super quick and easy recipe to make and healthy. Let’s get started!
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Crushed red pepper
- Cayenne powder
- First, finely chop the garlic and grate the ginger.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add a splash of oil and sauté the garlic and ginger until browned.
- Turn the heat on low and add about 4 table spoons of soy sauce, 2 spoons of honey, 2 spoons of brown sugar and stir well.
- Add crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Let simmer on low for about 3 minutes and stir well. Set aside.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and let it warm up for about 2 minutes.
- Cube the tofu.
- Add about 3 spoons of oil and then add the cubed tofu.
- Let the tofu cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Carefully with tongs, flip the tofu on to it’s other side and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- With the tongs, hold the salmon onto its side and let cook.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Place the skillet flat on the skillet on low heat and pour the ginger-garlic glaze over the tofu.
- Heat on low for 2 minutes.
- Plate and serve!
Suggestions, Substitutions, Tips & Tricks:
- Serve alongside rice and vegetables.
- Baking the tofu is also a healthier alternative.
- Add as much of any of the ingredients you want according to your taste.
This is a perfect recipe if you’re craving general tso chicken but want to opt out of that breaded and deep fried chicken. Tofu is a great source of protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3-fatty acids! It seriously takes under 30 minutes to make and is great for leftovers as well!
Tag me on Instagram, @cookingwithovenmitz, if you do make it. I would love to see your version of it. Click follow and hit the like button to keep updated on new recipes!
See you next Wednesday!